Tuesday, March 24, 2015

RegularTaxi is over


OK now, let me tell this right now:
RegularTaxi began in December last year and it was starting to get some success.
This success was eventually shadowed and eclipsed by problems facing the site.
The site was created by artnerfy but it's strange considering that out of all sites he has made, this website is the most affected.
The site was constantly going down. That is, until the site entered a coma.
There was also the problem of not getting 10.000 visitors/week. This blog also has such problem but has has more views than my old CN HQ blog (back in 2012) had in its prime.

And then, the final decision happened.

The owner of RegularTaxi will put an end to this site. I contributed with over half of the articles it had, like the Doraemon one which is still well-documented on this blog.
There will be new projects like CNOnDemand, which will work in a way similar to the now-defunct CN TOO website.

I'd like to, later on, announce changes to this blog and prepare my 2015 pranks on Toonzone.
Once again, I'll end this post with a sub-meme of mine:

8 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. note: the closure was due to crappy hosting provider reasons. they couldn't handle the traffic. :|

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. See? There was also the problem with Freezoy last month.

      Delete
  4. Why can't you just host it on another hosting service, or get a free blog hosted with Wordpress and Blogger. There's restrictions on what you can do but at least the hosting is reliable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the thing. It's restricted. For example, my CMS of choice was Wordpress. If I use Wordpress.com as a host I can't get custom plugins & themes, so that's a problem because RegularTaxi was full of plugins and custom code.

      Delete
    2. By the way, I've tried two hosting providers. The result is always the same thing. I won't risk the site anymore.

      Delete
    3. Also, the first day of RegularTaxi caused controversy.

      Delete