Monday, August 25, 2014

Tiji to take over the slot where Boomerang used to be on NOS

NOS, starting from September 1st, will introduce seven new channels in languages other than Portuguese, and, trust me, have you read the title? Not CN HQ, that will probably be reintroduced later on. I'm talking about these channels:
48 - Tiji (French)
134 - Motorvision (English)
149 - Motorvision HD (English)
169 - MCM Pop (French)
163 - Mezzo Live HD (French)
217 - CCTV News (English)
243 - CCTV 4 (Chinese)
In summary then: French, English and Chinese channels. On one side, I see an advantage for getting CCTV 4 because of Cartoon City and those funny English subtitles that remind me of Stuart Ashen reading descriptions out of Chiense rip-offs and Engrish.com but I see a disadvantage for not introducing any kids channels in English.
Here's the list of kids channels on NOS:
40 - Disney Channel
41 - Nickelodeon
42 - Canal Panda
43 - Biggs
44 - Disney Junior
46 - BabyFirst TV
47 - Cartoon Network (PT)
48 - Tiji
49 - Super RTL
Now, it seems that there is almost no room left for CN HQ, BM HQ and TCM HQ to be reintroduced. I proposed using random, unused channel numbers in an e-mail I sent last week and that I haven't got an answer yet.
There's some room for channels 36 to 39, unless they can't change the channel order again and have more space for kids channels. This is my hypothetical order:
36 - Disney Channel
37 - Nickelodeon
38 - Canal Panda
39 - Biggs
40 - Disney Junior
41 - BabyFirst TV
42 - Cartoon Network (PT)
43 - Cartoon Network (HQ)
44 - Boomerang
45 - Tiji
46 - Super RTL
49 - TCM
I want to see both CN HQ and TCM 24/7, that's an old dream I had. TCM is on channel 49 in order to begin the Entertainment category with a channel broadcasting entirely in a foreign language.
Also the partial Portuguese audio track for CN HQ, which may (or may not) work.

No comments:

Post a Comment